Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
NES' ceramic hybrid bearings are used around the world in demanding applications such as wind turbine generators, machine tool spindles, magnetic bearing backup applications, auto racing, ultracentrafuge systems, nuclear reactors and aerospace applications. NES' short lead times, application engineering support, highest quality US manufactured ceramic balls and choice of specialty ring materials provides Napoleon Engineering Services with an opportunity to provide unique ceramic hybrid bearing solutions.
- The light weight associated with silicon nitride balls reduces the load applied due to centrifugal forces, allowing for increase operational speeds
- A higher elastic modulus of silicon nitride over bearing steel results in a stiffer, more rigid bearing, which is beneficial to high precision machine tools
Reduce Heat Generation
- Low frictional characteristics of the silicon nitride ball results in lower heat generation and lower operating temperatures.
- With a lower thermal expansion than steel, the silicon nitride ball reduces the effects of thermal gradients across the bearing thus reducing the risk of bearing seizure.
- Excellent resistance to corrosive media allows for extended bearing life over standard steel balls.
- Silicon nitride is a nonconductive material thus reducing the potential of current flow through the bearing and the resulting electrical arcing or fluting damage that is associated with it.